Thursday 24 July 2014

Summer hols 30 day challenge - Day 4

Malcolm has spent some time lately getting rid of a lot of junk from the garage with the intention of being able to put his beloved Beemer in there over the winter (a money saving manoeuvre in itself)


 When he bought a motorbike a few years back it was kept in the garage while the car was relegated to the driveway. The bike was sold some time ago but the accumulated 'stuff' that took up residence beside it still remained.
That includes my stash!!
Much of the wool I had was used to make this crocheted blanket 


and what's left fits into one plastic box. The bulk is taken up by material that has been begged, stolen and borrowed over the years and it is long overdue for a sort out.
So, as part of my 30 day challenge, I have begun the process of turning my stash into 
  • soft furnishings for our home or the kids uni flats
  • Christmas presents/birthday gifts for friends and family
  • items that I can try to sell online, either Ebay or in my currently abandoned Etsy shop
This morning I began with my stash of checked cottons, most of which began life as my daughters shirts.

From this....


....via the ironing board.....


....and the die cutter....

 

....to these lovely triangles just waiting to be made up into something new and gorgeous!


So far I've only used the smallest scraps for these tiny triangles, the larger pieces may become different shapes - hexagons or tumblers perhaps?






No comments:

Post a Comment